What's in it for you...
- Insurance enrollment available from DAY 1!
- Paid time off available from DAY 1!
- Holiday pay available from DAY 1!
- 401(k) enrollment after 30 days!
- Hotel and travel discounts at worldwide destinations!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
What you'll be doing...
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Restaurant, In Room Dining, Banquets and Bar
- Ensure all staff has arrived and is in proper uniform.
- Ensure staff receive proper training on quality, service and operational standards and have the tools & equipment to effectively carry out their job functions
- Follow up on staff training to ensure levels of service are maintained
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals
- Conduct routine brand standard audits designed to ensure optimal service execution
- Maintain a floor presence during needed meal periods to ensure optimal guest service and assist associates
- Ensure restaurant is set and looking to specifications before start of shift.
- Learn the job responsibilities of opening and closing for the supervisor position, server position, bartender position and host position so you can ensure the proper process is being followed and you can hold the team accountable to those responsibilities.
- Follow all cash, voids, comp and close out procedures and hold the team accountable to those procedures.
- Work in conjunction with all other departments always ensuring a good line of communication with the front desk.
- Ensure hotel guests or The Keep patrons are satisfied, and problems are resolved at the time they are is presented.
- Communicate via shift logs, e-mails, notes of the shift, any associate issues, payroll issues, to management including members of the executive team.
- Report to work on time and close or stay your full shift (unless approval by a manager to change schedule) and utilize the Kronos Time clock to punch in and out each shift.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by hotel leadership
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer
- Knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office, etc.
- Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting
- Ability to stand and walk for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Understand this role requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Some college and/or advanced training in food operations preferred
- Prior restaurant and bar supervisory experience required; hotel restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to work calmly under stressful situations
- Ability to maintain high level of guest satisfaction is in absolute requirement for this position
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted February 19, 2024